Create Account to receive all the
latest sale updates.
1. In order to be entitled to the benefits of this Convention, a motor vehicle shall be registered by a Contracting State or subdivision thereof in the manner pre¬scribed by its legislation.
2. A registration certificate containing at least the serial number, known as the registration number, the name or the trade mark of the maker of the vehicle, the maker’s identification or serial number, the date of first registration and the full name and permanent place of resi-dence of the applicant for the said cer-tificate shall be issued either by the competent authority or by an association duly empowered to do so.
3. This certificate shall be accepted by all Contracting States as prima facie evidence of the information entered thereon.
1. Every motor vehicle shall display at least at the back on a special plate or on the vehicle itself, a registration number issued or allotted by the competent authority. In the case of a motor vehicle t drawing one or more trailers the single trailer or the last trailer shall display the registration number of the drawing vehicle or its own registered number.
2. The composition of the registration number and the manner in which it is displayed shall be as set-out in annex 3.
1. Every motor vehicle shall in addi-tion to the registration number display at the back, inscribed on a plate or on the vehicle itself, the distinguishing sign of the place of registration of this vehicle. This sign shall indicate either a State or a territory which constitutes a distinct unit from the point of view of registra¬tion. In the case of a motor vehicle drawing one or more trailers this sign shall also be displayed at the back of the single trailer or of the last trailer.
2. The composition of the distinguishing sign and the manner in which it is «displayed shall be as set out in annex 4.
Every motor vehicle and trailer shall carry the identification marks set out in annex 5.
1. Every motor vehicle and trailer shall be in good working order and in such safe mechanical condition as not to endanger the driver, other occupants of the vehicle or any person upon the road, or cause damage to public or private property.
2. In addition, every motor vehicle, or trailer, and its equipment shall conform to the provisions of annex 6 and the driver of every motor vehicle shall observe the rules set out therein.
3. The provisions of this article shall apply to trolley-buses.
1. The maximum dimensions and weights of vehicles permitted to trawl on the roads of each Contracting State or subdivision thereof shall be matters for domestic legislation. On certain roads designated by States Parties to regional agreements or, in the absence of such agreements, by a Contracting State, the permissible maximum dimensions and weights shall be those set out in annex 7.
2. The provisions of this article shall apply to trolley-buses.