For driving in Andorra, a foreign visitors need to have European Union or an International driving permit
. It is permitted to drive vehicles for which a visitor is licensed in his country of origin.
The main road traffic rules:
- Traffic circulates on the right hand side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years.
- A driver and all passengers must wear seatbelts.
- A sticker of the county there a car is registered must be present on the back of the car.
- The drink driving limit is 0.05%.
- The speed limit in built up areas is 50 km/h (31 mph), outside the towns from 60 km/h (37 mph) to 90 km/h (55 mph).
- It is not permitted to ride children under 10 years on the front seat.
- Children under 10 years and measuring less than 1.5m must be ridden in a special restraint system.
- Seat belts are mandatory for a driver and passengers in the front seat.
- It is permitted using mobile phones while driving only with hand-free systems.
- A warning triangle, spare lamps, and reflecting yellow waistcoat inside the car is mandatory.
- The third party insurance is obligatory.
Andorra Road Traffic Signs
Driving Overseas - Short Information
- The payment for using roads in Andorra for cars registered in other countries, isn't provided.
- Police officers in Andorra have the right to take fines on a place.
- It is recommended to use spiked tyres and snow chains during winter.
- It is recommended to have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit in the car.
- In Andorra, there are separate pedestrian lights in the cities.
- Dipped headlights should be used in poor daytime visibility.
- It is recommended to avoid night driving as farm animals are common on the roads and poorly marked roads.