Driving Overseas - Short Information
- In Bermuda, roads are very narrow.
- Traffic moves on the left side of the road.
- The maximum speed in Hamilton city is 25 km/h (15mph) and 35 km/h (21 mph) on the rest of the island.
- In Bermuda, the law doesn’t permit to non-residents to own, rent, or drive four-wheeled vehicles. Non residents must use taxis and the bus system or rent motorbikes.
- Visitors are not required to have driver license or International driving permit to rent a scooter in Bermuda.
- By Bermudan law, a minimum driving age is 18 years so scooters or mopeds rental shops may require from drivers to be age of 18 years or older.
- For driving motorbikes, helmet is required.
- The legal blood alcohol limit for driving in Bermuda is 0.08.