For driving, foreign visitors need to have valid driver licenses issued by countries of their residence and International driving permits.
The main Comoroc road traffic rules:
- Traffic moves on the right-hand side.
- Wearing a seatbelt is mandatory for the driver of a vehicle.
- To rent a car, a driver must be at least 23 years old and have held a driving license for one year or more.
- The maximum speed limit on the urban roads is 30 km/h (18 mph).
- The permitted blood alcohol level is 0.0%. Random breath testing by traffic police is permitted.
In Comoros, roads are generally in poor condition; most of them are very narrow and poorly lit at night.
Driving Overseas - Short Information