Before renting a car, foreign drivers must obtain local driving permits. To obtain Grenadian driving permits, drivers must have to go the police station with their valid driver licenses from their home countries. As a rule, rental car companies require each driver has held his driver license at least for one year. There can be a minimum and maximum age requirement too; usually, minimum age is 25 years and maximum 65 yars.
The main Grenadian road traffic rules:
- Traffic moves on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age for cars is 18 years, for motorcycles - 17 years.
- Drivers must give way to traffic on their right.
- All vehicle passengers and a driver are required to wear seat belts.
- The permitted blood alcohol level is 0.08%.
- The police phone number 911.
Grenadian roads are paved and unpaved and mostly narrow and winding.
The rainy season is from June to November.
Local drivers may be aggressive and can overtake recklessly.
Driving Overseas - Short Information