The Palau island chain locates the western Pacific Ocean and consists of about 200 islands.
Foreign visitors may drive in Palau with their domestic driver licenses for 30 days. The International driving permit is recommended. After 30 days staying in Palau, any foreign driver must obtain a Palauan driver license.
- Driving is on the right side of the road.
- The national speed limit is 40 km/h (25 mph).
- The permitted blood alcohol level is 0.01%.
- Passing slow-moving vehicles is illegal.
- Motorcyclists must wear protective helmets.
- The police phone number is 911.
Rental cars are available upon arriving at the Palau International Airport or at various offices in downtown Koror. Left and right hand drive cars are present in Palau.
Tourists who enjoy cycle riding can rent bicycles.
Driving Overseas - Short Information